- Ph.D. student: UCLA European Languages and Transcultural Studies
- M.A. Scandinavian: UCLA Scandinavian Section
- M.F.A. Screenwriting: UCLA Theater, Film and Television
- B.A. Journalism: Oslo Metropolitan University
- B.S. International Relations: Norwegian University of Science and Technology
Nordic Literature & Culture; Film & Adaptation; TV & New Media; Evolution; Humanism & Dataism; Modern Breakthrough; Fourth Industrial Revolution; Screenwriting
- Investigating the Lutheran Roots of Social Democracy in Ingeborg Holm. Scandinavian Studies (forthcoming).
- Workshopping Essay Structure: A Hollywood-Inspired Classroom Model. International Journal of Teaching and Learning in Higher Education (forthcoming).
- Evolutionary Insights Into a Maladapted Viking in Gísla saga. Journal of English and Germanic Philology 120.2 (2021; forthcoming).
- Untangling Darwinian Confusion Around Lust, Love, and Attachment in the Scandinavian Modern Breakthrough. Evolutionary Studies in Imaginative Culture 5.1 (2021; forthcoming).
- Bookending Enlightenment: From Early Novel’s Individualistic Empowerment to TV Adaptation’s Anthropocene Condemnation. Journal of European Studies 51.1 (2021; forthcoming).
- Adapting to Urban Pro-Sociality in Hamsun’s Hunger. Evolutionary Studies in Imaginative Culture 4.2 (2020; forthcoming).
- Adapting Social Change: Swedish Crime Fiction as a Medium for System Correction. Journal of Adaptation in Film & Performance 13.1: 37–50 (2020).
- Sealing New Truths: Film Adaptation as Cultural Capstone for 101 Reykjavík. Journal of Scandinavian Cinema 10.1: 25–44 (2020).
- Agreeing on History: Adaptation as Restorative Truth in Finnish Reconciliation. Literature/Film Quarterly 48.1 (2020).
- Paratextual Adaptation of Social Importance for Three Groundbreaking Scandinavian Novels. LOGOS: Journal of the World Publishing Community 30.3: 40–56 (2019).
- Adapting a Witch to Modern Beliefs and Values: Persecuting the Outsider through Trial, Stage, and Film. Evolutionary Studies in Imaginative Culture 3.2: 39–52 (2019).
- Belief System Disintegration: Evolutionary Insights from Bergman’s Det sjunde inseglet. World Futures: The Journal of New Paradigm Research 75.8: 632–52 (2019).
- Ofelas: Filming Otherness in Indigenous Revitalization. International Journal of Media & Cultural Politics 14.2: 233–41 (2018).
- Virtual Sidekick: Second-Person POV in Narrative VR. Journal of Screenwriting 9.1: 73–83 (2018).
Languages: English, Norwegian (fluent); Swedish, Danish (comprehension); German, French, Old Norse, Spanish (non-fluent).